JOB DESCRIPTION: Welfare Veterinarian
Location: Western Cape, Sunnydale
Education level: Degree (registered at the SAVC)
Leading animal rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming non-profit organization, TEARS Animal Rescue is looking for a Full-Time Veterinarian Position to join our team.
Working in the welfare sector can be challenging but also very rewarding.
At TEARS we focus on our patients as well as our employee’s needs ensuring a good work-life balance.
If you have a keen interest in surgery, animal welfare, quality care and want to work in a friendly, relaxed environment, this is the position for you.
We have a small in-house lab, digital X-rays and the use of Idexx Lab (external) if required available. We go the extra mile for our patients and provide the best possible for their care and treatment.
To do this, you will need:
- Animal Veterinary Care Responsibility; including Veterinary Clinician Care, Veterinary Surgery, Veterinary SOPs to be adhered to at all times.
- Hospital Drug Stock, manage stock levels and usage and captured to Vetmaster, Check correct paperwork is being used, manage communication between clients, admin office and Shelter staff.
- Husbandry protocol, cleaning & hygiene protocol, ensure the clinic environment is up to good clean standards.
- Staff Training, AWA training on a weekly basis, Up skill potential clinic staff to further their veterinary knowledge.
- Staff Managerial Issues, drugs & food stock levels adequate in each department, veterinary medication control by staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary
- SA driver’s license and own vehicle
Send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2023
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days your application has not been successful.