JOB DESCRIPTION: Kennel Coordinator
WE’RE HIRING! Join Our Team as a Kennel Coordinator
Are you ready to make a meaningful impact in the lives of shelter animals? We’re on the lookout for a passionate person to join our team at TEARS Animal Rescue as a Kennel Coordinator. Here’s what the role entails:
KENNEL HUSBANDRY AND ANIMALS’ WELL-BEING
– Ensure the well-being of our furry residents by overseeing kennel husbandry.
– Monitor cleanliness, safety and exercise rotations.
– Daily welfare checks for each dog and puppy.
– Assist during veterinary consults, vaccinations, etc.
– Assist during with kennel movements, shuffles and dog socialisations.
FEEDING AND MEDICATING
– Prepare and feed dogs and puppies.
– Administer prescribed medications and treatments.
– Incorporate behaviour modification training during feeding.
ADOPTION GUIDANCE, SOCIALS AND KENNEL TOURS
– Guide potential families, visitors and donors during shelter tours.
– Assist and counsel adopters, matching them with suitable candidates.
– Conduct meet-and-greet/socials with existing pets and family members.
– Complete online adoption contract and provide essential information to adopters.
– Promote TEARS’ Online Shop and services.
– Handle Kennels phone inquiries.
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT AND GUIDANCE
– Maintain a positive relationship with TEARS volunteers.
– Oversee and assist kennel volunteers.
– Conduct Volunteer Orientation for new recruits.
REHABILITATION AND TRAINING
– Provide physical and behavioural rehabilitation for designated dogs and puppies.
– Participate in positive-reinforcement-based training classes for volunteers and staff.
– Update documentation with feedback and assessments.
– Ensure adherence to TEARS and Kennel SOPs.
– Assist with kennel events (adoption promotions, fundraising, etc.).
– Encourage engagement with TEARS initiatives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– A strong passion for working with dogs.
– Previous experience is a plus.
– Excellent communication skills and customer service experience.
– Good command of English and creative writing skills (a plus).
– Knowledge of dog characteristics, breeds and behaviour.
– Strong organisational and time management skills.
– Weekend and holiday availability.
– Computer literacy (MS Office, Google Docs, email, WhatsApp).
– Valid driver’s license.
Ready to make a difference for animals in need? Join us in creating a brighter future for shelter pets! Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you don’t hear from us within 14 days, your application has not been successful.