Work for TEARS
Create an impact everyday
Work for Animals in Need. Work for TEARS
Love animals? Want to make a difference everyday? Follow your passion with a career that counts!
JOB DESCRIPTION: SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTENT COORDINATOR
Responsible for growing and managing the TEARS Animal Rescue social media platforms.
SENIOR MANAGER: Head of Marketing & Fundraising and Marketing Manager
REPORTING TO: Marketing Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Province: Western Cape, Sunnydale
Education level: Diploma/Degree
Type: Permanent (at TEARS H/Q)
Are you a social networker of note who has a passion for animals and wants to change the world? Are you looking for a rewarding career that doesn’t come with a corporate suit and tie? If you thrive under pressure and are keen to take your social media and content creation knowledge to the brave new frontier of animal rescue then this position is for you.
Leading animal rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming non-profit organization, TEARS Animal Rescue is looking for a Social Media & Content Coordinator (with serious social-media know-how and a keen understanding of online trends) to join our team. You will report to the TEARS Marketing Manager and be responsible for implementing TEARS’ social media strategy – which will encompass driving engagement with our online communities (B2C and B2B target markets, including potential sponsors, donors and volunteers), building audience, increasing web traffic, and affecting an increase in website registrations.
To do this, you will:
- Have up to date knowledge and understanding of social media - locally and globally
- Compile a comprehensive social media B2C and B2B contact and content strategy (WordPress; Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; LinkedIn; Google My Business; YouTube; e-newsletter)
- Implement month-to-month social media objectives and targets
- Monitor current trends within the social media arena
- Engage with sponsors and stakeholders on their digital platforms
- Compile weekly reports on Social Media engagement, online presence and fan-base growth
- Keep all social media and website information up to date, including animals available for adoption
- Coordinate our content vault for media, partners and stakeholders
- Manage email and online engagement
- Manage online competitions including Terms & Conditions
- Work with the Marketing Team to drive awareness around TEARS events & fundraisers
- Work with the Retail Manager and the Online Shop Coordinator to create awareness of TEARS charity shops and the TEARS Online Shop.
- Be required to work on the occasional Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Daily social media management of TEARS social media & content platforms
- WordPress; Twitter; Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn; Google My Business; YouTube
- Daily adoption posts for Kennel and Cattery – profiles, photos and uploads
- Events and Fundraisers content copy leading up to and posts on the day of the event
- Competition content (copy, pics) and follow-ups with winners and sponsors (delivery)
- Ensuring that the social media and digital platforms are up-to-date and error-free
- Evaluation of public posts and alerting relevant Dept. managers where a response is required
- Content management – facilitate content creation for TEARS website
- Content updates (as approved by Marketing Manager)
- Constant evaluation and innovation of social media platforms to improve impact, communication and drive social media following
- Trafficking of production steps both internal and external – i.e. check points, sign-offs, etc
- Measurement & Reporting – weekly & monthly analytics reports; including responses to competitions and social media activity
A proactive self-starter with a passion for animals
A minimum of three years' experience in advertising/PR/online
Social media (blogging/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn is essential)
Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Google Drive, Buffer and Trello is advantageous
A successful track record in leveraging the power of social media as a lobbying and public mobilisation tool would be a bonus!
Great written and verbal communications skills
Superb attention to detail
Send a covering letter and your CV to: email@example.com before 31 July 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: FULL-TIME VETERINARIAN
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Do you love living close to the sea and the mountains?
TEARS Animal Rescue in Cape Town is looking for a full-time veterinarian to join the team. Our team works like a well-oiled machine. We work heard and with passion and through this we achieve great things. We also make sure that every day has its fair share of jokes and laughter. Lots of laughter! At the end of the day, we walk out tired but content and knowing that we have made a difference.
Salary is negotiable with experience.
Animal Welfare experience is an advantage.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB DESCRIPTION: PART-TIME KENNEL CO-ORDINATOR
Work independently and within a team setting to assist with adoptions and ensure the well-being and general care of the dogs and puppies at our shelter.
Location: TEARS Kennels, 4 Lekkerwater Road, Sunnydale
Schedule: 4-day position, Friday to Monday
Monthly CTC: R6 000 - R7 200 (depending on level of experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Tour potential families, visitors and donors around the shelter to meet the dogs and puppies
- Empower, educate and counsel potential adopters
- Feed dogs and puppies and provide care and training according to department guidelines
- Ensure all dogs and puppies receive any medication or treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian or animal care staff
- Closely work with existing Kennel Manager and Trainers, follow training plans for specific dogs/puppies
- Facilitate socialising, enrichment and dog and puppy classes with Kennel Manager, Trainer and volunteers
- Responsible for taking dogs and puppies to any appointments (clinic, physiotherapy, grooming, etc)
- Work with and manage the kennel volunteers as required.
Skills and Experience
- Strong desire to work with dogs. Previous experience a plus
- Demonstrate approachability when dealing with the general public. Experience in interacting with the general public (customer service) preferred
- Communicate with potential adoptive parents in a professional manner and ensure the adoption process runs smoothly and quickly
- Must have general knowledge of dogs’ various physical, emotional and mental characteristics, training and behaviour needs. Able to demonstrate working knowledge of breeds, care giving, animal characteristics and individual personalities
- Demonstrate personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Computer skills necessary, including Google Documents, checking and responding to emails
- Valid driver’s license.
Send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
If you have not heard back from TEARS within 10 days your application has not been successful.
Leave a legacy
No matter the amount, one single legacy can make a huge difference to our work.