Do you have a passion for marketing and want to leave your mark in the social impact sector? Are you looking for a rewarding career that doesn’t come with a corporate suit and tie? If you thrive under pressure and are keen to take your social media and marketing knowledge to the brave new frontier of animal rescue then this position is for you.
Develop, implement and manage marketing activities and campaigns as per term themes identified in the overall marketing strategy.
This position will report to the General Manager and assist in all marketing related functions including organizing, planning and executing a variety of marketing programs and activities;
Daily media management
- Responsible for online digital campaigns and crowd fundraising supported by the social media coordinator.
Database & Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Working with BU’s to ensure CRM data base is maintained and updated weekly.
- Responsible for compiling and disseminating the monthly TEARS e-newletter and all project-based emailer marketing.
- Setting up and managing a content and communication plan and calendar for the Organisation along with the GM.
- Ensuring that all content is produced and released as per the schedule across all channels.
- Responsible for website content.
- Developing original copy for social media platforms, website content, direct mail and print advertisements.
- Develop a PR list of media contacts.
- Build and manage relations with on and offline media.
- Draft press releases and disseminate communication for media/public.
- Act as media liaison at all external events.
- Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations.
Collateral management and graphic design
- Responsible for coordination and production of printed and online marketing materials, including corporate branding materials, brochureware, advertisements, online campaigns, corporate wear, training materials and event branding.
- Preparing graphics, design and layouts, digitization & special branding projects.
2-4 years relevant previous experience.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Digital media skills including social media, emailers and website management.
Expertise in copy writing and written communication.
Fully MS Office literate; excellent email etiquette; database management (MS Access, Paradigm and Salesforce); fully literate in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom and Premier Pro) experience creating power point presentations.
Should be a good team player and ability to implement creative ideas with good leadership qualities.
Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to maintain a healthy atmosphere in the team.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all kinds of people.
Effective project management skills and ability to meet the deadlines.
Should you wish to apply for this exciting position, please send a detailed CV along with a motivation letter to Recruitment@tears.org.za. Position closes on 28 January.
Salary – negotiable dependant on experience.
Are you passionate about customer service, do you have a flair for working with the public? If you thrive under pressure and want to make a difference in animal rescue then this position is for you.
As an integral member of the administrative support staff, the Receptionist position requires an outgoing personality and professional but friendly demeanor, with the ability to be flexible and multi-task in a busy atmosphere.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is a self-directed, agile team player. The candidate will focus on providing exemplary customer service by leveraging excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude and openness to jump in to help when needed.
He/she should be able to multi-task and act quickly in a fast- paced work environment. We are looking for a candidate with a hands-on experience.
General Office Duties
To receive members of the public, whether in person or telephonically;
Must be able handle multiple incoming calls at one time, answer their queries and direct them accordingly; in such a way as to promote the TEARS image and ethos;
Handle administrative duties relevant to incoming and outgoing animals;
Daily invoicing and customer account payments;
Maintain office in an organised and tidy manner;
File, organize and maintain file room;
Update contacts in Outlook;
Additional projects and responsibilities added as needed.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans
Organisational and interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate effectively with all kinds of people
Salary – negotiable dependant on experience.
Should you wish to apply please send a detailed CV and motivation letter to Recruitment@tears.org.za. Position closes on 28 January