TEARS is seeking an experienced General Manager to manage the organisation, oversee business operations and provide strategic leadership. The position is based in Sunnydale, Cape Town.
The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans and company policies, directing the organisation’s operations to ensure it achieves its objectives, leading the TEARS team, managing stakeholder relations and driving organisational success.
Empathy for animals and people is fundamental to the requirement of this position.
Management of the organisation, people and animals for effective sustainability.
- Management of fundraising and creation of a sustainable future for the business
- Assessment of divisions of the organisations – that are profit generative and create sustainability and an improved offering to the animals and the communities into the future
- Develop and execute the company’s business plans in order to attain the vision and goals of the organisation
- Oversee the company’s financial performance. Responsible for the control and reduction of operational costs, and the increase in income for continued sustainability and growth, according to agreed targets. Managing annual operating budgets.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve company policies and protocols.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with stakeholders, partners, volunteers and donors
- Inspire, motivate and lead the TEARS team in achieving the organisation’s vision
- Managing the marketing and fundraising departments to generate income and awareness for animals and communities in need.
- Ensure the Retail division maintains constant annual growth to support TEARS operations.
- Manage Human Resources, ensure employees work productively and develop professionally, oversee recruitment and training of new employees.
- Prepare quarterly Board Reports and present at the annual AGM.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary education with 10+ years relevant experience (at least 5 years in senior management)
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in strategic planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, marketing, sales/fundraising/business development, operations etc.)
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Business and management principles and practices
- Accounting / financial management experience, analysing management accounts and preparing budgets
- Human resource management principles and procedures
- Marketing and fundraising experience
- Confident presentation skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to remain level-headed in high-pressure situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- SA driver’s license and own vehicle
- Own computer
- Hybrid working (2 days remotely) possible post probation
Send a motivational letter and your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2023
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days your application has not been successful.