TEARS Animal Rescue will continue to provide essential and emergency services to animals in need from indigent communities across the Cape Peninsula’s deep south, namely Ocean View, Masiphumelele and Red Hill.
TEARS has implemented the following protocols during the COVID-19 Lockdown:
Staff and Customers:
- The TEARS Kennel and Cattery are closed to the public.
- TEARS staff are rotating in two teams to ensure the operation of essential services in the event a staff member contracts COVID-19.
- TEARS staff and customers are to adhere to the hygiene and social distancing protocols in place during this time.
- No TEARS Clinic customer may enter TEARS Reception. Pet owners will need to wait in their cars, or outside the Entrance until they are called for an admission or an out-patient collection.
- Only one Clinic customer will be allowed into the Clinic for admission to the Veterinary Hospital.
- TEARS will still attend to animals in need of medical attention during this time, limited to emergencies only.
- Kittens and puppies will continue to receive their three primary vaccinations to prevent the spread of disease.
- Yearly booster vaccines are on hold in line with Veterinary Association regulations.
- Routine sterilisations are suspended in line with Veterinary Association regulations.
- TEARS’ Mobile Clinic services are suspended until further notice. Our Mobile Clinic will operate in our communities as long as it is safe to do so, and only as an ambulance service for sick and injured animals during the Lockdown.
- The communities in which TEARS will operate emergency services include Red Hill, Ocean View and Masiphumelele only.
- TEARS staff and community leaders are handing out notices educating communities that as per the WHO that there is no evidence that pets can contract COVID-19, as well as communicating TEARS contact details and operating hours.
- TEARS Charity Shops are closed during the Lockdown period.
- TEARS will not be offering a collection service for donated goods.
- Pet food and pet health products can be purchased via our Online Shop, delivery across Cape Town www.tears.org.za/shop
TEARS Operating Hours:
Monday – Friday from 08h00 – 16h00.
After-hour emergencies are suspended until further notice.
SPCA: 083 326 1604
Animal Welfare Society: 082 601 1761
Cape Animal Medical Centre: 021 674 0034
4 Lekkerwater Rd, Sunnydale