In June 2017, Marilyn Hoole, co-founder and director of TEARS (The Emma Animal Rescue Society) spoke to the False Bay Echo and outlined some of the challenges – and solutions to those challenges – experienced by TEARS over the past year.
The theme of the interview was primarily a plea for funding, without which, TEARS cannot operate. As an Non-Profit Organisation, TEARS relies solely on public donations. Thanks to donations and bequests TEARS received over that time, we were able to continue with the work that we do. Ongoing funding, however, remains a constant need.
To all those who opened their hearts and pockets, we say a big THANK YOU! Your generous donations enabled us to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome animals in need. Your funding has also helped us provide food, shelter, and a loving environment in which animals can thrive until they are ready for a new home.
Last but not least, your donations contributed to our outreach programmes, which enable sterilisations and vaccinations for pets living in marginalised communities. Our sterilization initiative does much to alleviate stray and unwanted animals.
To find out more about what we do, how you can get involved, who we are, and what events we have planned, please visit www.tears.org.za. If you’re in Cape Town, feel free to visit our facility and meet our TEARS family.
If TEARS is new to you and you’d like to help, there are many ways you can help:
• Visit and support our charity store outlets, or donate items for us to sell: http://tears.org.za/shops
• Volunteer for one of our many activities: http://tears.org.za/volunteer/
• Leave a bequest to TEARS in your Will (tax deductible): http://tears.org.za/leave-a-legacy/
• Take part in one of our fundraising events: http://tears.org.za/future-events/
• Set up a tax-deductible debit order via our website: http://tears.org.za/donate-now/
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Fish Hoek
Branch Code: 036 009
Account Name: TEARS
Account Number: 07 389 061 8
SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ