Where tears of sadness become tears of joy!
TEARS is a pro-life, non-profit organisation whose core aims are to rescue, rehabilitate, reunite and re-home lost, abandoned, abused and neglected animals and to educate our communities, in particular the children.
We strive to meet the needs of the underprivileged communities by:
- Providing primary health care for their animals such as vaccinations, deworming and parasite control.
- Offering free sterilisations for their companion animals.
- Providing a scheduled daily Mobile Clinic, offering basic health care (vaccinating, deworming, parasite control) and food to the animals six days a week.
- Establishing an essential working relationship with the residents to protect the rights of the animals. Empowering and supporting them through effective education, guidance and follow up.
- Providing a registered clinic on our premises, offering veterinary care for pets for any condition, illness or injury.
In 2007 we bought a beautiful 3,1 hectare property on Kommetjie Road, Sunnydale, known as Wenga Farm. Our dream is to build a world-class, eco-friendly animal shelter, and we are in the process of planning this exciting project in the near future.
We need all the help we can get, by way of donations, skills, volunteering one’s time or skills, or simply spreading the word about us. Join our team of supporTEARS to see how you can help.