TEARS Animal Rescue faces an unsure future: BUT YOU CAN HELP
Our vision as a Pro-Quality of Life organisation where we rescue, rehabilitate and re-home animals in the communities that we serve (and in some that we do not even remotely have any direct obligation to) has been severely tested this year!
Expenses and costs have hopelessly exceeded our fund-raising initiatives, revenue from our retail outlets and current donations by our valued and appreciated supporters.
Steps we have taken to ameliorate the situation include:
- Substantially reducing our staff complement in excess of 20% – our biggest overhead.
- Continuing our efforts and initiatives to re-home the rescued animals in our care tirelessly.
- Cutting back on our basic care and services to our impoverished communities except where people are able to make a financial contribution towards the services we provide.
- Placing a temporary hold on the FREE sterilisation and puppy vaccinations offered to the communities that we serve.
- Suspending certain projects until our circumstances allow.
YOU can help TEARS to survive
We need all the support possible, to prevent the untenable situation of closing our doors!
You can play your part in this by:
- Setting up a tax-deductible debit order via our website: http://tears.org.za/donate-now/
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Fish Hoek
Branch Code: 036 009
Account Name: TEARS
Account Number: 07 389 061 8
SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ
- Supporting our retail outlets: http://tears.org.za/shops
- Adopting an animal and getting friends to adopt: http://tears.org.za/dogs/ or http://tears.org.za/cats/
- Volunteering for one of our many activities: http://tears.org.za/volunteer/
- Leaving a Bequest to TEARS in your Will (tax deductible): http://tears.org.za/leave-a-legacy/
Who can rescue the rescuers? Only YOU!
Be part of our mission to bring relief to animals who suffer abuse. There are many ways you can make a difference in your community.
There is never a dull moment with us. Share in our special moments, whether news, events, hot topics, fundraising and supporter info.